Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Live Blogging the Erma Bombeck Writers' Workshop 2012



Well, not really. I don't really know what that means. But I have arrived, so look out, Dayton? I guess? I doubt I'll cause any really damage, but you never know.

So far I've checked in, got some swag from the Erma people (sweet), made besties with the hotel maid, WHO IS NAMED IRMA (cue "what a coincidence" sountrack), made an unfortunate trip to Walmart after realizing I didn't have toothpaste, because all trips to Walmart are unfortunate, took a bath in the spiky-ass tub (seriously, get some mats, people, ow), avoided the other attendees because I am a socially awkward goofball (but I swear I will make friends at dinner in a few), and stood around on my balcony! I have a balcony, overlooking a beautifully paved parking lot with fresh white lines. I do like to pamper myself, so I indulged in a $4 thing of sunflower seeds from the Overpriced Wall of Snacks downstairs.

Tonight it's dinner, where I'll display my "Sarah Hunt, Vegetarian" nametag, which is totally a lie since I eat meat at least 3 times a week still. The speaker is Alan Zweibel, who sounds extremely interesting. Just in case, I'm going to pack my purse with projectiles. As a paying customer, I feel it is my right to express my displeasure at poor delivery, bad jokes, or an apparent lack of enthusiasm. So, let's hope Alan is on his toes!

I will update this later, unless I am in jail, but maybe they'll have wireless access and I can do it from my phone.

1 comments:

Jen said...

Bad news, dude. They take your phone in jail. Don't ask me how I know.

Post a Comment